MARCH 4, 2020
The FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center (NBEOC) is activated as part of the Interagency Crisis Action Task Force, supporting the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Lead Federal Agency for our nation’s response to COVID-19.
The Crisis Action Task Force and NBEOC are operating daily (M-Fri) from 0800-1700 hrs. (EST).
Emergency Support Function #14 – Cross Sector Business & Infrastructure is also activated at the national level with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) coordinating.
The NBEOC Operations Dashboard is active and being used to post-incident updates: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nbeoc
- Initial ESF 14 Business and Industry Cross-Sector Coordination Calls are planned for March 5, 2020 from 1500-1600 hrs. EDT. Expect recurring meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the coming weeks via a separate calendar invite.
- We will use the NBEOC Service Desk to triage partner requests for information, in coordination with HHS. Requests should be directed to: [email protected].
- Any details you can share about your operating status or response/recovery activities will help us better inform FEMA leadership and interagency partners.
Business Continuity Resources:
- The CDC released Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19. The guidance includes recommended strategies for employers to use now, planning considerations, and recommendations for an outbreak response plan.
- The CDC released guidance for businesses with international travel including Interim Guidance for Ships and Guidance for Airlines and Airline Crews. These documents aim to help prevent, detect, and medically manage suspected COVID-19 infections on vessels originating from or stopping in the US.
- On February 26, the WHO released guidance for Getting your Workplace Ready for COVID-19.
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is amplifying the small business international travel resource for employees that require international work travel.