Why Should Governments Use the CEAS Program?
During and following emergency events governments must strike a balance between public safety and economic viability. Regardless of the emergency, there is always a need to sustain private sector business to provide essential goods and services, or, “community lifelines” to the public.
Each emergency is unique, some requiring evacuation of the population, others require people to shelter in place, which possess the most complex issues. A sheltered in place public still requires basic goods and services to survive that only be provided by private sector businesses. Emergencies can be a double-edged sword. Without business being able to operate, the economy is put in peril, and people suffer. If businesses are permitted to be fully operational, the risks to safety and health can be compromised.
Public safety agencies are often responsible to enforc executive orders and in most cases face the difficult task of deciding who can travel to, access, and operate their business in a specific local. The phrase “essential employees only” is often used loosely by chief elected officials, with little or no definition or means to identify who those people are.
The CEAS program provides all the tools necessary to provide a cost-free, turnkey solution that allows government at all levels, to exercise informed access management decisions.
CEAS is a win-win proposition for everyone involved.
- Promotes better, more informed, access management.
- Provides a tool for law enforcement to effectively control access to restricted areas and screen essential private-sector employees.
- Speeds recovery to community-dependent, privately owned critical infrastructure.
- Aides in sustaining communities by promoting the continuity of essential goods and services.
- Improves the private sector’s ability to provide community resources and lifeline services and promotes the return to normalcy.
- Non-exclusivity, CEAS can be combined with any number of accepted external access requirements defined by the government.
- Turn Key, No Cost